How to Use Art, Events, and Office Design to Boost Your Corporate ROI
A company’s ROI is important, at the end of the day you need to be profitable. There are many factors that contribute to a company’s ROI as it pertains to the ways they spend on employee engagement, and art, events, and office design are three powerful tools that can have a significant impact.
By incorporating these elements into your corporate facilities and workplace design strategy, you can boost your corporate ROI and take your company to the next level, both for your employees and your customers.
How Art In Your Offices Increases Corporate ROI
Art has the ability to boost creativity, productivity, and morale in the workplace. A study by the University of Texas found that employees who had art in their workspace were more productive than those who didn’t.
Another study by The American Association for the Advancement of Science found that looking at art increased creativity by up to 15%. That’s a huge delta!
Not only does art boost creativity and productivity, but it also undoubtedly improves morale and helps give employees a reason to come into the office. Employees who feel good about their work environment are more likely to be engaged and satisfied with their job, especially in 2023. And happy employees lead to a more positive company culture and lower turnover rates. Look at hiring costs and that will make sense!
But how can you use art to increase your company’s ROI?
Here are a few tips:
- Choose artwork that reflects your company’s values: Art is a great way to communicate your company’s values to employees and customers. Choose pieces that reflect the culture you want to create in your workplace. At IPaintMyMind, our art rentals services fund FREE art programs for underserved schools – find a vendor that aligns in ways that add extra value beyond the aesthetics.
- Place art in strategic locations: Think about where people will see the art and how it will impact them. In our world, we call these ‘Opportunity Areas,’ and any art consultant worth their salt can help identify the areas where the upside and impact are greatest. Lobbies, entryways, hallways, foyers, conference rooms, phone booths, and reception areas are all great places for art.
- Rotate artwork regularly: Don’t let your office become stagnant – mix things up by rotating artwork on a regular basis. This will keep employees engaged and inspired by their surroundings. This is why IPMM’s art rental services are quite popular with corporate clients – the art rotates and the management of that process is entirely externalized so your employees can stay on task.
How to Leverage Experiential Events to Maximize Employee Engagement
There are many benefits to hosting events for your company. Events can help build relationships with clients and customers, promote your brand, and generate leads. Additionally, events can be a great way to show appreciation for your employees’ hard work and bring them together around more than the latest client concern.
Ideas for Events that Maximize Upside
When planning an event, it is important to consider what will maximize ROI for your company. One option is to host a charity event, which can generate positive publicity for your company while also supporting a good cause. If events dovetail with corporate social responsibility, all the better! That’s a great story to tell and an outside reason for employees to bond.
You could pack supplies for donation & distribution to a local charitable partner or even hire IPaintMyMind to lead an Experiential Screenprinting Art Event where every employee makes their own art print and walks away with a cool memento. Keeping events active is important, no one wants to hear another shpeal, digest a new PowerPoint, or be sold something.
Another option is to host an industry-specific event, which can help you network with potential partners and clients while featuring a new product, approach, project, or capability.
You could also consider hosting a customer appreciation event, which can strengthen relationships with current customers and encourage loyalty.
You Already Are Paying Rent, Now Make It Worth It!
An office is more than just a place for employees to work; it’s also a reflection of the company’s brand and values. That’s why it’s important to invest in a functional and comfortable office design that will boost employee productivity and morale while impressing clients and customers.
Here are some benefits of investing in a high-quality office design when renovating or building out new office spaces. You might not need the same square footage, but you still need to impress:
- Improved employee productivity: A well-designed office takes into account the needs of employees and includes features that boost productivity, such as natural light, ergonomic furniture, and ample storage.
- Increased employee satisfaction: Comfortable and attractive workplaces are proven to increase employee satisfaction, which leads to lower turnover rates and improved morale.
- Enhanced company image: First impressions are everything, so it’s important that your office reflects positively on your company. A professional and stylish office design will impress clients and business partners, making them more likely to want to do business with you.
- Boosted ROI: While the initial investment in an office redesign can be costly, the long-term return on investment is worth it. A well-designed office can lead to increased employee productivity, enhanced company image, and lower operating costs (due to improved workplace efficiency).
Corporate Offices Must Be Comfortable, Like Home
Here are some tips for creating an effective office layout that increases comfort and an employee’s inclination to come into the office.
1) Maximize natural light: Research has shown that exposure to natural light increases employee productivity and wellbeing. If possible, position desks near windows or install skylights to let in as much sunlight as possible.
2) Create different types of spaces: Offices should include a variety of spaces for employees to use depending on their needs – from quiet places for focused work to collaboration areas for team projects. The open space where the mural goes – perfect for brainstorming ideas!
3) Incorporate greenery: Adding plants to your office not only makes it more visually appealing but also improves air quality, reduces stress levels, and increases concentration levels. It also softens the hard lines and grayscale color palettes in corporate spaces, making it feel more alive.
4) Make use of technology: Today’s office designs should incorporate the latest technology to improve workplace efficiency. This can include anything from automated lighting and temperature control to standing desks and wireless charging stations.
At the end of the day…
Art, events, and office design can all boost your corporate ROI if used correctly. Art can increase employee productivity, lower stress levels, and create a more positive work environment. Events can build team morale, attract new customers, and generate publicity for your company. A well-designed office can improve employee satisfaction and retention rates, while also making a good impression on clients and customers.
When it comes to increasing your company’s ROI, there are many different ways to go about it. But incorporating art, events, and office design are all great options to consider.
By taking advantage of these three things, you can give your company a real boost in both the short and long run.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Time, Money, & Respect: The Very Real Challenges, Roadblocks, & Hurdles Public School Teachers Face
Public school teachers in the United States face a mountain of obstacles in their daily dedication to our students and future. Year...November 27, 2023
Artist Feature: Kerry James Marshall
The rich imagery of a Kerry James Marshall painting is full of color, emotion, and memory. Each new piece he creates embraces...November 24, 2023