WE HAVE WORK TO DO...
Artists are unsupported & isolated. Businesses want to give back & are trying to differentiate, and community leaders are undervalued & overworked.
This trifecta creates a world in which we have fewer artists, bland corporate participation, and community leaders whose efforts are being fundamentally undercut.
The problem is one in which:
- too many artists have other jobs
- too many businesses only have token ways of giving back to their communities
- and too many kids, families, & communities don’t have the resources they need
The systematic defunding of the arts means far too many kids and families don’t have access to the creative experiences that get us thinking about ourselves and the world in new ways. What’s more, data proves that cultural resources lead to improvement in a range of areas, including health, education, and safety.
And when we see the arts not being funded or supported properly at that level, we see an opportunity to make a difference through creativity, innovation, and heart.
ART + ACTION = SOCIAL GOOD
What if we could solve all those problems at once?
What if more artists turned their artwork into careers?
What if businesses were supporting creative causes in their own backyard?
What if communities and their leaders had what they needed to make schools, parks,
libraries and youth centers the vibrant places they need to be?
THE IPAINTMYMIND WHEEL OF IMPACT
At IPaintMyMind, we’ve created a model built on mutual benefit and shared value. Whether artists, businesses, or communities, our partnerships create a wheel of collaboration that turns art into impact by creating value through meaningful participation.
Our Shared Walls Program is one of the main ways we do that, and this is how it works:
- We purchase art directly from artists, adding art prints to our growing permanent collection which is now over 1000 pieces.
- We provide art rental subscriptions for business clients looking to give back in a way that looks good.
- We then mobilize revenue from those business clients to provide art exhibitions, curriculum, and programs to community spaces like schools, parks, libraries, and youth centres in underserved neighbourhoods for FREE.
- We rally our backers to fuel participation and partnerships at every level, whether volunteering for our programmatic campaigns or connecting us with partners that help the Wheel of Impact go ‘round!
Art is the catalyst, we are the conduit and our heroes: the artists, businesses & community leaders we work with, fuel it all.
By creating art experiences in non-traditional spaces, we mobilize our permanent art collection & curation services to make Chicago a more equal, creative, and connected place.
How We Innovate
We pay artists first
We grow art as an asset & mobilize it as a service
We transform people & spaces
We turn art into impact
PIECES OF ART
purchased directly from artists
BUSINESSES & COMMUNITIES
provided with exhibitions
engaged with local art citywide
collaborating with artists, businesses, educators, students, and community leaders
WE'D LOVE TO CONNECT IF YOU'RE...
- an Artist Looking For New Opportunities
- a Business That Wants To Give Back
- a Community Leader Seeking Creative Resources
- a Backer or Volunteer Who Believes In The Power of Art!
Join the IPaintMyMind Movement.